Monday 11 February 2013

FHIR Selection

To begin the job of implementing a FHIR server wrapping an existing primary care system I will need to set some basic scope of interest.  A selection of FHIR resources that seem most appropriate to begin seems in order.  After a cursory inspection of resources list and descriptions these are my ranked candidates:
  1. Patient
  2. Organization
  3. Problem
  4. Prescription
  5. Immunization
  6. Observation
  7. Provider
  8. Order
  9. DiagnosticReport
  10. Document
I expect 'allergy/adverse reaction' would also be high on the list, once the arguments have died down...

Under 'Observation' I think a few basic values to include to start will be:

  1. Blood Pressure
  2. Tobacco Use
  3. Height
  4. Weight
  5. Pregnancy Status
This is enough to get me going for now....










No comments:

Post a Comment